Police Benevolent Foundation
Police Benevolent Foundation
Police Benevolent Foundation
Police Benevolent Foundation
Police Benevolent Foundation

Ways to Give

Ways To Give

Thanks to you and the many others who donate to the Police Benevolent Foundation.  Support from individuals, foundations and corporations provide financial support to

         Families and survivors of officers whose deaths occur in the line of duty;

         Funding for the defense of human and civil rights of law enforcement officers;

         Funding of scholarships for children of law enforcement officers;

         providing disaster relief to law enforcement officers.

You too can become a part of the PBF family; we encourage you to explore this website and learn about the number of ways you can support our foundation objectives and goals.

How do I contribute to the Police Benevolent Foundation?
There are many easy ways to make a gift:

        • payroll deduction (PBA Employees only)
        • check (payable to the Police Benevolent Foundation)
        • credit card on line
        • real estate
        • bequests
        • life insurance

Here are the many ways you can donate to the PBF:

Give Online
Our secure online giving site allows to give to PBF with easy to follow instructions. You can use a credit card or debit card to make your one time or recurring gift. Click here to start giving!

Give by Mail
* When sending in a donation, please make checks payable to Police Benevolent Foundation, Inc. and mail to:

Police Benevolent Foundation, Inc.
2155 Highway 42 S.
McDonough, GA 30252-7636

Matching Gifts
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please contact your human resource or payroll department.

Stocks and Other Securities
Stocks and mutual fund gifts are another way to give to the PBF. Not only is the gift tax deductible, but you may also avoid capital gains tax on the security.

Memorial Gifts
Honor a family member, friend, classmate, or faculty member with a gift in support of an area or program of importance to that person. You can also choose to leave the gift unrestricted for use at the Foundation’s discretion. For more information or to make a memorial gift, Please call our office at 770-389-5391.

Text To Give
Feel like making a quick and easy donation for a great cause? The Police Benevolent Foundation is asking you to donate $10 through your cell phone bill to help in raising money for fallen law enforcement officers’ families. They put their life on the line everyday to protect you. So, lets give back to those that serve us. 100% of your donations will be used towards its intended purpose.

TEXT “COPS” to 85944, and reply YES to confirm, To have a $10 donation made through your cell phone provider, or click here!

PBA Members – May donate when making Dues payments
Members of the Police Benevolent Association can make contributions to the Foundation when making their monthly, quarterly or annual membership dues payment.  Simply opt in when you receive your invoice!!

Payroll deduction for employees of the PBA
PBA Employees are encouraged to donate through payroll deduction as it is one of the fastest, easiest and most convenient ways to make a gift. By completing the payroll deduction form, you can specify the amount you would like automatically deducted from each paycheck, the start date, and where your support should be designated. You can have an amount deducted until further notice or until a specific total has been reached. The form is available by contacting the Accounting Department at (770) 389-5391.

Unfortunately, if you are not employed by the PBA there is not a payroll deduction option available.  The most convenient method for others, outside of the PBA/PBF community, is to donate by credit card or visit our online giving page.

Non-monetary gifts such as books, artwork, vacation rentals or equipment bring great value to the Foundation. To donate a tangible item, please contact Wayne Tubb at 770-389-5391, extension 882 or via email at wtubb@sspba.org.

  •  If you are designating your gift to a specific program or scholarship, please be sure to include the name of your gift designation on your check

  • If you are uncomfortable with sharing your credit card information via the online service, or postal mail, you can make your gift by phone. Our staff will be happy to assist you. Call 770-389-5391 to give or for more information.

  • Please do not send cash through the mail. The United States Postal Service recommends sending checks or money orders when transmitting funds to anyone through the mail.

  • Staff members can contact us for information about our payroll deduction options.

Scholarship Gifts

A decision to establish a new scholarship or contribute to an already existing scholarship is two of the greatest gifts a student can receive.  The recognition and honor of receiving a scholarship goes hand in hand with the financial support needed to make a quality education attainable.  A scholarship gift is a wonderful way to relieve some of the burden of a student’s educational expenses.  What can be more gratifying than making an investment in the education and future of an individual?

Gift of Securities

Please follow these instructions when making a gift of stock or securities to the Police Benevolent Foundation.

  1. Notify us of your plans.
    Inform the foundation of the specific property you plan to contribute, including the number of shares and the name of the issuing company or mutual fund. Please contact Wayne Tubb, Financial Director 770-389-5391.

Please note: According to IRS guidelines, the date and value of your gift are determined by the date on which the Foundation takes control of the securities.

  1. Transfer securities to the Police Benevolent Foundation


A. Publicly Traded Securities held in a brokerage account
Send your broker a letter of authorization, specifying the securities to be transferred and purpose of your gift, e.g., “for student scholarships.” Send a copy of this letter to your contact person at the Foundation. (See blank Letter of Authorization to Broker available for your use.) If you have no contact person at the Foundation, please send the copy to the Police Benevolent Foundation to the attention of Wayne Tubb, Financial Director. If possible, please have the securities transferred electronically, directly to the Foundation’s account with Ameriprise Financial, Inc., as listed below. This minimizes sales and administrative costs to the Foundation, so that more of your gift can be put to its intended use.


Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
DTC number: 0216
Police Benevolent Foundation’s account number is: 294876917021

If your broker has questions or cannot transfer the stock electronically, call us and we will be happy to assist you in completing your gift.

B. Publicly Traded Stock Held in Certificate Form
If you wish to contribute all shares represented by a certificate registered in your name, simply mail the unsigned stock certificate to the Foundation by certified mail, along with a completed Letter of Instruction (See  Letter of Instruction) identifying the securities you are contributing as well as the purpose of your gift,. If mailing the unsigned stock certificate, please also mail, in a separate envelope, a signed stock power form (See  Irrevocable Stock or Bond Power).  If you are delivering the certificate in person, we will have you execute the certificate once at the Foundation’s office in order to complete the transfer.

If you plan to contribute only a portion of the shares represented by your stock certificate, you will need to have a new certificate issued in Police Benevolent Foundation’s name by the transfer agent or the issuing corporation. Or, you can take the stock certificate to your broker with a signed Letter of Authorization specifying the number of shares to be transferred and the intended use at the Foundation. Once the certificate has been executed, your broker can put the securities into your account and transfer the desired number of shares to Police Benevolent Foundation. (See instructions for transferring “publicly traded stock held in a brokerage account,” above.)

    1. Mutual Funds
      To make a gift of mutual funds, your shares must be transferred to a “shell” (also called omnibus) account at your mutual fund company that has been established by Police Benevolent Foundation’s broker, Ameriprise Financial, Inc. Once these shares have been transferred,  Ameriprise Financial Inc. is able to retrieve and hold them in the Foundation’s regular account there. In order to make this transfer, you must send your mutual fund company a letter of instruction which typically includes the following information:

      • The name of your mutual fund and its cusip number

      • The amount you would like transferred (in number of shares or dollar amount)

      • Your account number

      • Ameriprise’s shell account number and fund code

      • Your signature and social security number

Different mutual fund companies impose different requirements for making such transfers. Please contact Wayne Tubb at (770) 389-5391 to discuss the transfer of your mutual funds to the Police Benevolent Foundation.

Other Frequently Asked Questions:

Q:  How can I make a gift for the Police Benevolent           Foundation’s Future that doesn’t affect my cash flow or portfolio now?

A:  Put a bequest in your will (Cash, specific property or a share of the estate residue).  This is a gift that costs you and your family nothing, but tomorrow results in an estate tax deduction.

Q:  How can I maximize my current deduction and minimize my gift details?

A:  Use cash to make your gift now to the PBF.  You can claim your deduction against a larger portion of your adjusted gross income and make an immediate impact on the PBF.

Q:  Can I afford a larger gift to the PBF – and avoid capital gains liability?

A:  Yes, by giving appreciated stock or bonds held for over one year.

Q:  Is there a way to retain income benefits from the assets I give to the PBF – thus affording a larger gift?

A:  Yes, by creating a charitable gift annuity or a charitable remainder annuity trust or unitrust.  This will enable you to receive income for your lifetime, receive a charitable deduction and diversify your holdings.